2019-2020 Examination Results Summary
Examination results for 2019/20 have not been published nationally.
2018-2019 Examination Results Summary
GCSE Results 2019
Recently published tables show:
|Progress 8 score
||+0.32 significantly above national
|% Entered for Ebacc
|Staying in Education (2017 leavers)
|Grade 5 and above in English & Mathematics GCSE
|Attainment 8 score
|Ebacc average point score
Another great set of results for year 11 GCSE and BTEC students. The school has consistently performed significantly above the national average for the very important “progress 8” measure. This tells us that our girls are getting over 3 grades higher than students on similar starting points in other schools.
We were delighted with our A level & BTEC results from Summer 2019. Congratulations to all our sixth form students on their hard work and dedication. Below are our highlights:
- Average Point Score increased from 31.7 in 2018 to 32.5 (equivalent to a C+).
- Validated progress shows us to be above the national average for the 3rd consecutive year (L3VA of +0.11).
- Students achieved 41% A*-B grades and 93% A*-D.
- Many subjects performed above the national standard, with Extended Project & Religious Studies, performing significantly above national L3VA data. A* grades were achieved in Sociology, RS and Art.
- Average Point Score 35.4 (equivalent to Distinction).
- Validated progress shows us to be significantly above the national average (L3VA of +0.64).
- 95% students achieved at least Merit.
- 78% of our students achieved Distinction/Distinction* grades which has increased from 2018.
Individual exceptional achievements & destinations
- A*, A*, A – Product & Furniture Design @ BCU
- A*, A*, A – Psychology @ Aston
- A, A, B – History @ Kings College
- A, A, B – Business & Management @ Aston
- A, A, B – Medicine @ University of Birmingham
- A, B, C – Sociology & Quantitative Methods @ Manchester
- B, B, C – Psychology @ De Montford University
- D*, Dn, A – Midwifery @ BCU
- D*, B, B – Child Nursing @ BCU
- D*, D*, B – Nursing @ University of Birmingham
- D*, D*, Dn – Social Work @ BCU
In addition, 79% of our students applied to university, with everyone who applied receiving an offer.