Congratulations to all our Year 13 and 11 students who, after a very tough few years, have again achieved brilliant results. We couldn't be more proud!
- Average grade & point score per pupil has increased from 2019, 2020 & 2021 in almost all areas.
- Average A Level Grade B; Average Applied General Grade Distinction+;
- Higher pass rate at A*/A, A*-B and A*-D than school 6th forms and 6th form colleges nationally
- Progress, using L3VA, (based on 2019 measures) has increased in all areas - overall, A Level & Applied General
- 90 A*/A grades; 35% A*/A - 84% A*-C; Better than national data across all institution types
- 71 students achieved at least AAB
- 100% pass rate in all vocational qualifications
- 58 D*/Dn grades; 81.7% D*/Dn
- 13 pupils secured 100% A*/A/Dn* grades
80% of our students have secured places at university this year. As usual, students have again been successful in securing Medicine & Dentistry places, along with a range of other wonderful and diverse courses. Students have also been successful in acquiring apprenticeships, including at degree level.
Here is a selection of student destinations & courses:
Medicine - University of Liverpool
Dentistry – Queen Mary University of London
Cyber Security – Birmingham City University
Biomedical Sciences - Kings College, London
Digital Film Production – Birmingham City University
Therapeutic Radiography – Birmingham City University
Social Policy & Criminology – University of Birmingham
Aerospace Engineering – University of Birmingham
Illustration – University of the Arts London
Law – University of Sheffield
Psychology in Education – University of Birmingham
Optometry – Aston University
Fashion – Coventry University
Pharmacy – University of Birmingham
Business & Management – Aston University
Biochemistry – University of Birmingham
Mathematics - University of Birmingham
Fine Art – Birmingham City University
BT - Degree Apprenticeship
Tarmc - Apprenticeships,
In addition to apprenticeships in childcare & engineering
Given the uneven impact of the pandemic on school and college performance data, the government has said you should not make direct comparisons between the performance data for one school or college and another, or to data from previous years.
|L3VA||APS||Average Grade||% Retained & Assessed|
|A Level||0.11 (+)||32.49||C+||94%|
|Applied General||0.64 (sig +)||35.42||C+||94%|
82% of 2019 leavers - sustained education, employment or training.
(77% of leavers progressed to university/HE as of October 2019)
5% of leavers – activity not captured
12% - destination not sustained