When we ask students why they choose to progress to Swanshurt Sixth Form, what we hear most often is “because I knew I would get the support that I need to be successful”.
This support comes in many forms:
- Teachers with excellent knowledge of their subject, exam specifications and of the strengths and needs of individual students
- A committed and experienced team of form tutors in daily contact with students
- Experienced Sixth Form Head of Year and Deputy Head of Year
- Dedicated Sixth Form Senior Learning Mentor and academic mentoring
- Support with a rnage of personal and health issues including access to support from appropriate agencies
- Structured year 12 transition programme
- Support for students with Special Education Needs
- A Dedicated 14-19 Coordinator who fully supports students through work experience, UCAS and apprenticeship application processes
- Regular extracurricular “Learning Lounge”
- Guidance on applying for financial assistance through bursary fund and travel cards
“Our teachers’ will always make themselves available for us when we need extra guidance and support”
“Having a Sixth Form learning mentor has really helped me to cope with the transition from year 11. I found GCSEs easy but have needed help to manage my workload this year”.
“Our Head of Year is brilliant. Our opinions about the Sixth Form are valued and taken on board”