Go to www.icould.com and:
icould is a small, dynamic charity, providing career inspiration and information for young people. We show what is possible in work and offer different ways to think about careers through free access to over 1000 personal video stories, detailed job information, plus practical tips, insight and advice.
Take a look at our:
- Career videos – from carpenters to city traders, care workers to celebrities, our real-life storytellers offer an inside view of their current job and a personal account of how they got there.
- Job information – see details of average salary, qualifications, skills, past and future employment levels, and more below every video.
- Articles –apprenticeships, astronauts or applying for jobs – our articles cover all things career-related, from people sharing their experiences to advice from career experts.
- Focus On – this series offers ideas and information around key decision points, such as Choices at 14, 16 and 18 and highlights opportunities in particular job areas such as the music industry, the NHS and engineering.
Swanshurst students have started to register with the U-Explore START from Year 8 as part of the Which Way Now Day and will continue to use in their Year 9 and Year 10 Activity days in the summer term. What does this programme do?
- You will develop self awareness and improve understanding of skills, qualities, interests and work preferences
- To consider how suitable you are for careers based on your characteristics
- To explore a range of jobs and industry sectors related to skills interests and preferences to widen aspirations about future careers
- To access and make use of labour market information to support decision making
Success at School is the place for young people to explore careers, get the lowdown on top employers, and search for the latest jobs, courses and advice.
- You will find information both for students and parents and information covers a wide range of areas including apprenticeships; work experience
- The ‘Explore our Career Zones’ is where you can find out all about the different jobs you can do, what to study and how to get there, whether you're planning to leave school or heading to college or uni.
- Each zone has helpful interviews, advice and links to set you on the right path to career superstardom